Friday, August 1, 2008

Download of the Day 8/1: "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga



The world has just found its new crazy dance diva.

While cruising the web, I found Lady GaGa's performance of single "Just Dance" on FOX's So You Think You Can Dance last night. Let's just say that it definitely caught my attention.

I have heard of her before, but I just didn't take the time to listen to her. My mistake. "Just Dance" is one of the best dance songs I have heard all year, next to September's "Cry For You". Everything about this song is crazy and cool, as if it was born in the clubs (its ridiculously danceable). Yet, it still sounds like it could cross over into the mainstream. It doesn't hurt that she can actually sing really well. It also doesn't hurt that she's pretty out there during her performances (getting on your knees and performing pelvic thrusts toward the crowd = awesomeness). The last woman to really get down and dirty was Madonna at the VMAs, and we all know how that turned out for her.

Lady GaGa is definitely a breath of fresh air, so I'll be keeping my eye out for her.

Rating: 8/10

BTW: I think she's wearing too much makeup, because when I first saw her performance, I thought she was a drag queen.

No comments:

nrelate