Sunday, July 3, 2011

iPhone Follies: The Sweetest Days

Today, at least here in New York, is not one you would call sweet.

It's damp, rainy, and just gross over all.

Today is one of those days where you plug in some headphones that will transport you away from the weather conditions to a picturesque scene somewhere.

I'm currently sitting in front of a fireplace in a cottage in the woods, drinking hot chocolate.

I'm actually on a LIRR train to Penn Station, but thanks to Vanessa Williams' amazing song "The Sweetest Days", I'm drinking my chocolate in winter-ready peace. The song, released in 1994 from the album of the same name, was born for Christmastime, which is always my favorite time of the year. With it's beautiful, romantic melody and Vanessa's soothing voice, its one of those songs you listen to when you simply need a break from the craziness of life, and people.

People don't celebrate Christmas in July for nothing, and right now, in my mind, I'm putting up the tree.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

nrelate