Tuesday, June 29, 2010

UNbelievable! Chris Brown Releases New Single Following BET Awards Breakdown

http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/20100628/bab99c_ltpchrisbrowncry.jpg
Was Chris Brown's tears a career ploy? If his new single says anything about it...
You have got to be kidding me!

As I wrote in my Three Steps To Salvage Chris Brown's Career post, the first step he needs to take is to NOT milk his emotional BET Awards performance for what's it worth.

What does he go and do?

Milk it!

As I was perusing the new iTunes releases this morning, I noticed a pretty familiar name, especially considering Sunday: Chris Brown. It was in the What's Hot section, and it was a new single, called "Deuces" (the single also features the b-side "No Bullshit"). I looked at the release date and was shocked to find June 28th, 2010 there. As in the day after he sobbed like a baby on national television.

I'm sorry, but there is no way in hell you can tell me it was a coincidence that Chris Brown released a new single the day after his Michael Jackson tribute. The release of this singles bring forward two thoughts. One, that Chris timed the release perfectly so to benefit from the possibility of a re-ignited career. That appears to be true. Two, that his tears on the show may actually have been a PR cry for sympathy, believing people would be more open to buying his new music if he showed how emotional MJ and the whole night was making him.

Newslash, Chris. You got it terribly wrong.

If his breakdown was an act to garner sympathy and sales, then Chris Brown is a damn fool. Using the memory of Michael and the emotions it still inspires in people is tantamount to spitting on his grave and is absolutely shameful. I was one of the people who gave Chris the benefit of the doubt, believing he finally understood why his career fell to hell, but he didn't even wait 24 hours before proving me wrong.

For fans of Chris Brown who want to purchase the single, you can buy it with the link below. I know I certainly won't.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/deuces-single/id378611185

No comments:

nrelate