Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Download of the Day: Honorable Mentions 6/24/08

I haven't made many DOTD posts lately, so here are the songs that I believe deserve one, all in one condensed post (I'm still doing full-length ones though).

Heaven Sent by Keyshia Cole - I absolutely love this song. It has a gorgeous melody, great lyrics, and a great vocal performance from Keyshia Cole. It's criminal that Top 40 isn't playing this. Rating 9/10

When I Grow Up by Pussycat Dolls
- As much as I stress the importance of good music, I can also indulge in some sexy, fluffy fun, and no one does it better than the Pussycat Dolls (Buttons in one of the hottest songs ever, IMO). "When I Grow Up" is fast and furious musically, never missing a beat, much like the song's singers. Rating: 6.5/10

I Luv Ur Girl by The-Dream -
The man known for penning the monster smash "Umbrella" has put out his own album, with lead single "I Luv Ur Girl". Although not as clever as Rihanna's hit, it's still a cool, laid-back song about taking another man's girlfriend. Rating: 6.5/10



No comments:

nrelate