Friday, April 25, 2008

Mariah's GMA Disaster!

UPDATE (5:00 pm): I realized I may have been a bit harsh, so I reviewed the performance I changed the post around.

Remember the Ashlee Simpson/SNL incident?

Well the same thing happened to Mariah Carey this morning!

While performing her #1 single "Touch My Body" on Good Morning America, Mariah's pre-recorded track screwed up a lot, beginning before she was ready and repeating over and over.

Did Mariah choke, like the aformentioned?

Nope!

Like Mariah only can, she was able to brush it off with ease, and even made fun of the incident. After it happened again, Mariah sang, "Stop singing my part now, baby". She also said, at the end, she was trying to bring something different.

She certainly did!

The problem was rectified for her next two songs, "I'm That Chick" and "Bye Bye". The latter performance was her strongest of the song yet, much better than on American Idol last night.

However, a problem still seems to exist. Granted, with age, a voice isn't as strong as it used to be, but still. Mariah really needs to take a break and restore her voice to the tip-top shape it has been in the past.

Check it out for yourself below:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i enjoy reading yr blog since few weeks ago. but this entry disappoints me. mc sang live completely, it was her backtrack that fucked up. every singer uses backtrack as support. and she handles the technical issue very professionally. and she sounded good for a live performance. how can you even compare this to ashlee?

Anonymous said...

I realized I was a bit harsh in my post, so I did change around.

Thanx so much for reading and commenting!

Anonymous said...

thanks fr taking time to review the vid again.
keep on writing good stuff!

nrelate