Monday, March 10, 2008

UK's Download of the Day: Us Against the World by Westlife


I'll still be covering the Eliot Spitzer scandal, but I wanted to take a break and focus on the music.

This post is for all the people reading my blog in the UK! I hope you continue to visit, because its great to have you!

Us Against The World is the second single from Westlife's latest album Back Home. It is, quite frankly, a gorgeous ballad with really inspirational lyrics. One thing that many will notice, however, is that the song is strikingly similar to their last single, Home. I happen to think this is much better and should have been the first (although it makes sense that they would release the psuedo-title track first). The vocals are amazing; very smooth and richer than would be expected from a boyband. Just more proof that Irish/British groups are generally stronger in terms of longevity. For US readers who don't know, they've been around since the late 90's.

For those of us who can't download it yet, here is the video:

Rating: 8/10



Also, if any UK readers have any music they think I should review for a Download of the Day POST, please email me at blewis1103@gmail.com!

No comments:

nrelate