Wednesday, June 11, 2008

BWU Hot 25: Rihanna Remains On Top; Katy Perry Soars

I have just update my new chart, BWU Hot 25, and there are some BIG moves.

Rihanna remains on top of the chart with "Disturbia", although my interest in the song is waning. I wouldn't expect another week at #1 for the Bajan pop star.

Interest did help Katy Perry, whose hit single "I Kissed A Girl" flew up 10 spots to #6. An appearance on CW11's 11 o'clock news and her Top 5 placement on the Hot 100 helped really pique my interest in the song. Its gaining more plays on my iPod, so it will continue moving up next week.

Another big jump is also responsible to interest; Lil' Wayne's "Lollipop". I originally despised the song, but thanks to my iPod Radio Remote and Miss Jones on Hot 97, I have begun to kinda sorta like it. Also, news that Wayne's new album Tha Carter III may sell over 900,000 copies this week has really got me re-examining my disinterest in the "greatest rapper alive".

Following Rihanna at #2 is Coldplay's "Viva La Vida", which is becoming a must-play for me. Plus, I have heard parts of their upcoming album, and its looking to be VERY good.

The highest debut is Solange's "I Decided" at #4. She was chosen as "Download of the Day" this week, and her song (and video) are one of my favorites so far this month.

Wanna see the whole chart (like who had the biggest drop)?

Visit the BWU Hot 25 page on my website (the link is on the top and left side of the blog)

If you have any ideas on how to improve the Hot 25, email me at brandonbwu@gmail.com.

No comments:

nrelate