Friday, June 18, 2010

The Top 25 Anime Characters of All Time (by Brandon Lewis and Ryan Mason) #17 - #11


Here is the part two of the Top 25 Anime Characters list, covering numbers 25 through 18. To read part one, including the introduction, click here.

#17. Renton - Eureka Seven

#16. Jimmy Kudo/Conan - Case Closed

#15. Sailor Moon - Sailor Moon
Before any of these characters even came to my attention, there was a young teenage girl from Japan named Serena. A coward, a klutz, and an all-around fail, it made her transformation into the superhero with the moon power even more awesome. Her appearance on the Toonami block of Cartoon Network in the 90's helped in popularizing the genre in North America. I mean, who can forget those transformations? I certainly haven't. (Brandon)

#14. Ichigo Kurosaki - Bleach


#13. Agumon - Digimon

While it would be seriously unfair to call Digimon a crappier version of Pokemon (I honestly do believe that Digimon in many respects was actually better, but that’s a debate for another day), for those in the know Augumon became as much as an iconic creature as Pikachu for their respective shows. Sadly, only to a much smaller population, hence giving way to Augumon’s position at number #13. In the high day of Digimon, everyone and their mother wanted to have Agumon as a partner. A cute little dragon thingy, walking and talking next to me that could grow into some other big-ass dragon monsters in order to protect me? Hell ya, sign me up. Now, while Pikachu is a worldwide phenomenon, I’d love to see it try to take on a fully powered Agumon. (Ryan)

Ok, I have to throw my two cents in here. Agumon is not greater than Pikachu, and no matter how cool Digimon may have been (I even almost joined the Fox Kids fanclub back in the day), his appearance on this list, this high, is one of my favorite anomalies. That said, Greymon and his later digivolutions are some of the coolest looking creatures I have ever seen. (Brandon)


#12. Inuyasha - Inuyasha

kakashi1b.jpg kakashi image by kakashi-is-hot
#11. Kakashi - Naruto

No comments:

nrelate