Tuesday, April 1, 2008

One of My New Favorite Shows: Friday Night Project

The more and more I pay attention to British culture, the more I enjoy it.

One of my favorite British shows?

The Friday Night Project is a variety comedy show aired on the UK's Channel 4. It's hosted by comedians Justin Lee Collins and Alan Carr, along with a celebrity guest host. It's one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. Justin and Alan are hilarious, and it's really great to see your favorite celebrities being funny as well. It's basically the UK version of Saturday Night Live.

My favorite segment of the FNP is the Friday Night News. The segment is a summary is of all the humorous news headlines. It's presented by Alan Carr and the celebrity guest host. Alan Carr is genius with this segment; he always has me laughing no matter what!

My favorite episode was when Girls Aloud first came on the show. During the FNN, Alan talked about British stewardesses calling the police on two Asian businessmen speaking in Arabic, accusing them of being terrorists. He said, "Arabic. The British holiday men don't even understand basic Spanish. Hola, Buenos Dias doesn't mean 'death to the west, kill all infidels,!"

If you don't live in the UK, you can search 'Friday Night Project" on YouTube. Previous guests include Lily Allen, Kim Cattrall, and Kanye West.

No comments:

nrelate