Sunday, March 9, 2008

Download of the Day 3/8: With Every Heartbeat by Robyn


Technically, its no longer the 8th, so I'm late on this one.

Fans of techno grooves will love With Every Heartbeat, by Swedish artist Robyn. Some may vaguely remember her from the late 90's with her hit song Show Me Love. Although I wouldn't necessarily call it a comeback, it is definitely a push back into the mainstream. I originally loved the song through the live version performed by my favorite group from the UK Girls Aloud on Radio One's Live Lounge (too bad we don't have one here in America). A few weeks ago, I heard the original by Robyn, and instantly decided to download it. Its one of those songs that, lyrically, could work with either a driving dance beat or slow piano in the background. Somehow, it meets in the middle with Robyn. Its too fast to be midtempo, but too slow to be a true club-banger like previous honoree Calabria. Its that conundrum that makes me enjoy With Every Heartbeat. I recommend downloading the original, a remix or two, and the Girls Aloud version (only for the UK fans; its a B-Side with the Can't Speak French single coming out March 17th).

Rating: 8.5 out of 10

No comments:

nrelate